Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lella Calustra

by Azam Asmudian

Forest of Laudera
It's quiet and peaceful
I can hear birds singing
On the giant willow tree

Sunshine filtered through the forest
Monarch butterflies dancing with the light
Albino frog resting lazily on the lily pond
Silverback swimming among the rocks

From the rock where I sit
I can see the end of the rainbow
There across the stream, behind the Oracle
Between the hermit house and aviary

I walk deep into the forest
The forest of Eden-Lamore
I found the circle of mushrooms
Where Cantalbuya fairy gathers to musical charade

Crystallized dew drops to the ground
Creates a diamond sparkle like the salt of the sky
Wild irises grown among the pines
Perfectly shaped, magically undisturbed

Hummingbirds all over my head
Drop me a honey from Siloam
"We have tasted the nectar,
and we will return for more"

The magic of the wild
Enchanted throughout the forest
Lord of the tree is in disguise
As the lady of the seven moons

The emerald green of the grass
Brings out the light of heaven
Levitate me higher than ground
To swing with birds and the butterflies

The owl start to sing its song
Nocturnal are awaken from their sleep
I have lost track of time
I wonder how long I've been here

I see a bright sparkling dust
Pouring down from the sky above
Green, red, blue and yellow
Purple, gold, silver and white

Is this really true?
That the fairies are here now?
The guardian of the forest,
Never worries about tomorrow

The secret garden revealed in front of me
There behind the rock, above my head
A water fountain of eternal bless
Bring storm to calm and disperse the sadness

Lights are everywhere as far as I can see
The forest is awaken, spirit of the delights
Woodwind and flute, playing its cantata
Music of the night magic of the soul

I want to stay forever until the end of time
But I can't hide forever, in the dream of a dreamer

It's time to go home
To leave this enchanted forest
The soul were embraced, and it speaks in return
As the tree speak to the grass and everything in between

The forest will always be there
Hiding its serenity from the world outside
The spirit of the green will stay eternally
Magic and lore, they are the eternal recluse

I land my foot on the grass
Taking my step out pass the gate
From fantasy to reality
Taking a piece of love with me

No one will ever know
No one will ever care
That someday I will return
To the forest of Laudera

"Where the gates are hidden
There you must go
Look for bird that sing twice
And a deer that never look back"

I belong there...

- Azam was a traveler like myself. He used to make his trade route between Palankur and Palandune. No one knows exactly when he is truly gone, for a traveler may be away for weeks before returning home. All we know that his uncle found this poems in his room back home. No one knows what happened to him. There is only one place in this world where one can find Silverback fish, but I tell you for sure that there is no forest there...

No comments: